Unless otherwise posted the meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Monday of each month in the Council Chambers.
*Please note that if you are looking for a Council meeting video after March 23, 2020, please go to the City's youtube channel by going to youtube.com and searching City of Kenmore.
Please be advised that the June 15, 2020 Council Meeting has been canceled. The next meeting will be Monday, June 22, 2020 via Zoom.
Back row: Councilmember Srebnik, Deputy Mayor Herbig, Councilmember Marshall and Councilmember O'Cain
Front row: Councilmember Curtis, Mayor Baker, and Councilmember Pfeil
The City of Kenmore operates under a Council-Manager form of government. In this form, the elected seven-member City Council appoints a city manager to provide management direction of all city departments and activities in accordance with Council policies and direction. The City Council is responsible for establishing City policies; enacting and amending City laws; adopting the biennial budget and appointing citizen boards and commissions. City Councilmembers serve staggered four-year terms. All Councilmembers are “at-large” meaning that they serve the City as a whole as opposed to a specific district. The Council selects one of its members to serve as mayor and a second as deputy mayor for two-year terms.
City Council Meetings
City Council agendas are available to the public from the City Clerk’s office the Friday prior to the Monday meeting and are posted on the iCompass File Pro website. Agendas are also posted at Kenmore City Hall and copies will always be available at the Council meeting.
Meetings are open to the public, and public comments are accepted at the beginning of regular, non-study session meetings.
The City now has assisted listening devices available for use during Council meetings. A necklace-style device is available for those who wear hearing aids. An earbud (in-ear) style, or an over-the-ear style, are available for those without hearing aids. Please contact the City Clerk as far in advance of the meeting as possible, preferably no later than the morning of the meeting.
Coffee with Council
Looking for an informal way to connect with City Council? Coffee with Council is typically held the 1st Monday at 7:30 a.m. and 3rd Saturday at 8:00 a.m. of each month at Diva Espresso located inside the Hangar, 6728 NE 181st St. Residents are encouraged to attend and ask questions, discuss issues and offer suggestions on any topic of interest. Check our city calendar for the most current "Coffee with Council" dates and times. Please note, council typically does not hold coffees during the month of August.
Contact Your City Council
Click on any of the council member names to learn more.
- Departments:City Council
- Divisions:Council Members
- Phone:(425) 398-8900
Mayor Baker currently holds Position No. 5 on the City Council.
- Councilmember since 2003
- Current Term January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2023
- Reappointed Mayor January 16, 2018. Reappointed on January 13, 2020
David is a husband and father of three. He and his wife Sheri live in Kenmore. David owns Vision Systems Engineering, Ltd. A machine vision, video inspection company as well as an Internet based cell phone service company that specializes in cell phone repairs and accessories.
David was raised in Los Angeles and educated in Los Angeles Public Schools. He moved to Nebraska in 1972 and received a Registered Nursing degree in 1974 from Iowa Western Community College. He attended the University of Nebraska and received a Bachelor of Science in 1978 and a Master of Science in 1979. David moved to Kenmore in 1995 after receiving a Ph.D. from Iowa State University.
Current Local and Regional Committees:
- King County Regional Transportation Committee Caucus Chair
- Seashore Transportation Forum
- Sound Cities Board of Directors
- Sound Cities Public Issues Committee
- King County Board of Health
- King County PSAP Committee
- King County Local Hazardous Waste Committee
- King County Solid Waste Committee
- King County Joint Resolutions Committee Co Chair
- North King County Economic Development Committee
- King County Board of Health
- Association of Washington Cities Committees:
- Resolutions Committee
- Federal Legislative Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Municipal Finance & Economic Development
- Land Use & Planning
- Nominations Committee
- National League of Cities Board of Directors
- National League of Cities Finance Committee
- National League of Cities University Mentors Board Liaison
- National League of Cities University Board of Directors
- National League of Cities University Communities Council Steering Committee
- Washington State E-911 Committee
- Washington State Shoreline Hearings Board Member