- General Business Registration
- Business Regulatory License Information
- Solicitor/Canvassing Registration
The City of Kenmore Business Registration program is for businesses located in Kenmore. All businesses with a physical address in Kenmore are required to be registered. The program launched in 2014 when the City partnered with the State Department of Revenue's Business Licensing Service to administer the program, providing convenient, online registration and renewal services.
How Do I Register My Business?
A State business license is required prior to completing a business registration form (also known as City Endorsement and City Business Addendum).
- Online: Online applications are processed within 10 business days. Create an online account on the Department of Revenue's (DOR) Business Licensing secure website using their "My DOR" system. This account will also be used to file your taxes and make changes to your business.
- By mail: Mailed applications can take up to six weeks to process. To download and print the business licensing forms, go to DOR's Business Licensing Forms webpage.
For assistance, contact the Department of Revenue's Business Licensing Service at 1.800.451.7985.
Who Needs to Have a City Business Registration?
- Businesses who are located in Kenmore, with a gross annual income over $12,000
- Nonprofit organizations located in Kenmore
- Kenmore businesses with gross annual income under $12,000 may register voluntarily (only registered businesses may be listed in the Kenmore Business Directory)
Who is Exempt from City Business Registration?
- Businesses located outside Kenmore that are doing business with Kenmore customers
- Schools and Universities
- Farmers selling their own products
- Government agencies, including Vendors at City sponsored events
What is the Cost to Register?
- New City Business Registration: $29 ($10 City of Kenmore; $19 Department of Revenue Administrative Fee)
- Renewal Fee (effective 2015)*: $21 ($10 City of Kenmore; $11 Department of Revenue Administrative Fee)
- New Non Profit Organizations: $19 ($0 City of Kenmore; $19 Department of Revenue Administrative Fee for initial registration; a copy of your 501(c) is required) Non Profit Organizations with existing State tax registrations will not be subject to a fee at the time of City Business Registration in 2014
- Non Profit Organizations Renewal: $11 ($0 City of Kenmore; $11 Department of Revenue Administrative Fee)
How Do I Get My Business Listed in the Kenmore Business Directory?
Businesses with a Kenmore Business Registration have the option of being included in the online Kenmore Business Directory. Please go to Business Directory Application to provide your business information as you want it listed in the Directory. The directory is updated monthly as new business listings are added. You can view the Directory by going to www.findkenmore.org Your business must have a Kenmore Business Registration in order to be listed in the Directory.
For more information, contact Nancy Ousley, Assistant City Manager at email@example.com.
The City of Kenmore does not require business regulatory licenses for all types of businesses. The following business types are required to complete the Business Regulatory License Application (Form 140) and submit it to Permitting at Kenmore City Hall either in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A peddler/solicitor license application must be submitted in person at city hall.
Regulatory Businesses that Require a Kenmore Regulatory Business License
Heavy Manufacturing business
Live Entertainment: music (other than mechanical); boxing or wrestling; pool halls, and bowling alleys
- Form 141 Massage Practitioner License Application
- Form 142 Massage Practitioner License Renewal Application
Questions? Contact the permit technician at email@example.com or 425.398.8900.