The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and serves at the Council's pleasure. The City Manager provides management direction of all City departments and activities in accordance with City Council policies and direction, administrative support to the City Council, and special project management. In addition, the City Manager and Assistant City Manager represent the City within the community and on regional, state and federal issues to advance Kenmore's priorities and interests.
The City Manager's office also oversees the following activities and programs for the City.
- Community engagement, media/public relations and marketing
- City Hall Art Gallery
- City's legal services
- Communication franchise agreements
- Economic development programs
- Front desk reception
- Hangar and Town Square programming
- Intergovernmental relations
- Public records requests
- Recreational partnerships
- Special events
- Volunteer programs