On June 17, the City Council adopted revised critical area regulations (Ordinance 19-0488).
The Council Also adopted changes to the City's Shoreline Master Program (Ordinances 19-0489 & 19-0490), but those amendments are not effective until approved by the Department of Ecology. Approval is expected in Fall 2019.
On May 23, a SEPA DNS for the project was issued. Background information can be found below.
To have your name added to the email mailing list, or if you have questions about the project, please contact Lauri Anderson through email or call at 425-398-8900.
The Planning Commission spent the last year reviewing the City's critical areas regulations and Shoreline Master Program. These regulations, part of the Kenmore Municipal Code, were last addressed in 2012. The Fact Sheet provides more information about the project. The update must be completed by June 30, 2019.
The City's consultants have prepared a "Gap Analysis", including recommending revisions to the Critical Area Regulations and Shoreline Master Program based on recent court cases, advances in best available science, and consistency with state law. Other suggestions in the analysis support clarity and ease of use of the City's code. Click here to read the Gap Analysis.
Click here to review the Planning Commission's agenda materials for this project. Consideration of the specific Comprehensive Plan and Code amendments began with the October 16, 2018 agenda.
- Revised Definitions - Final Revisions
- Critical Area Regulations Intro and Wetlands - Final Revisions
- Critical Area Streams and Lakes - Final Revisions
- Critical Area Fish and Wildlife Habitats - Final Revisions
- Critical Area Geological Hazards - Final Revisions
- Critical Area Flood Hazards - Final Revisions
- Flood Hazard Area Diagram
- Critical Area Groundwater Susceptibility and Critical Aquifer Recharge Areas
- Shoreline Master Program Shoreline Sub-Element
- Shoreline Master Program Enviroment Designations
- Consolidated Shoreline Master Program Regulations
- Zoning Code Amendments to other sections related to PAUE
- Cumulative Impact Analysis
- SEPA Environmental Checklist
- Additional Amendments to Zoning Code 1
- Additional Amendments to Zoning Code 2
- Best Available Science Evaluation for PAUE
- Final Gap Analysis and Recommendations