Residential recycling events are held two times a year, in spring and fall. Upcoming events will be listed below. Kenmore residents will also receive a mailed flyer with specific information on what can be recycled at each event.
Funding for these events is provided by The Washington State Department of Ecology, the King County Solid Waste Division and the Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County.
The next residential recycling event will tentatively be held in fall 2020. Check back for updates.
Generally, the following items will be accepted (check specific event flyer to confirm):
- Tires ($)
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Confidential Document Shredding
- Propane Tanks ($)
- Porcelain Toilets and Sinks ($)
- Refrigerators and Freezers ($)
- Appliances and Scrap Metal ($)
- Bulky Wood
- Electronic Equipment
- Household Goods (no furniture) and Clothing
- Mattresses and Box Springs ($)
*($) = a charge applies to this item; refer to specific event flyer for amount.
Generally, the following items will NOT be accepted:
- Paint of any kind
- Construction and demolition debris
- Plastic toys, hoses, etc.
- Window glass
- Hazardous Waste:
- Motor oil
- Cleaning products
- Fluorescent lights