Title VI Coordinator
Title VI Coordinator
John Vicente, City Engineer
Open this link for a Statement by Assistant U. S. Attorney General for Civil Rights Eric S. Dreiband on Protecting Civil Rights While Responding to COVID-19
The U.S. Congress passed the Civil Rights Act in 1964 and the Civil Rights Restoration Act in 1987. Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts prohibits discrimination based on race, color, gender or national origin in all benefits and services provided by government agencies. Additional nondiscrimination laws prohibit discrimination based on disability, age, income status, minority status or limited English proficiency. Title VI and other non-discrimination laws apply to all local government programs and activities, regardless of whether they are federally funded.
The City of Kenmore assures that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or gender, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity.
Furthermore, the City of Kenmore assures that no person shall, on the grounds of age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, income or limited English proficiency, as provided by the legal statutes listed below, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity.
Interpreter and translation services for non-English speakers and accommodations for persons with disabilities can be arranged upon request by calling or emailing the City of Kenmore, 425-398-8900.
For questions regarding the City of Kenmore's Title VI Program, please contact John Vicente, Title VI Coordinator, 425-398-8900.
- Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Environmental Justice (Executive Order 12898)
- Limited English Proficiency (Executive Order 13166)
- Kenmore Municipal Code
- Revised Code of Washington RCW 49.60
- Section 162 of the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1973 (23 USC 324)
- Uniform Act of 1970 (49 CFR Part 24)
Annual Title VI Reports
- Title VI Annual Report 5/31/17 - 5/31/19
- Title VI Annual Report 5/31/16 - 5/31/17
- Title VI Annual Report 5/31/15 - 5/31/16
- Title VI Annual Report 5/31/14 - 5/31/15
- Title VI Annual Report 5/31/13 - 5/31/14
- Title VI Annual Report 5/31/12 - 5/31/13
- Title VI Annual Report 5/31/10 - 5/31/12
- Title VI Annual Report 5/31/09 - 5/31/10
- Title VI Annual Report 5/31/08 - 5/31/09