Important Updates: Find out more about city services impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic here.

Animal Services & Pet Licensing

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Pet Licensing

Licensing your pet is easy and gives your pet an inexpensive insurance policy for its safety and protection. Plus, it is the law. All dogs and cats must be licensed with the City of Kenmore. Regional Animal Services of King County provides pet licensing services to Kenmore.

  • Pet Licensing FAQs

    • How do I license my pet?

    • What are the benefits of a pet license?

Animal Sheltering

The City of Kenmore contracts with Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) for animal shelter services of dogs and cats. PAWS is a champion for animals - rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife, sheltering and adopting homeless cats and dogs, and educating people to make a better world for animals and people.

  • Animal Sheltering FAQs

    • Who can I call to locate my lost cat or dog?

Animal Control

Animal control services in the City of Kenmore are provided by Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) under an Interlocal Agreement. For information on animal control services, to find a lost pet, help a stray animal, or to report other animal control related issues, contract the RASKC call center at (206) 296-PETS (7387) or email.

  • Animal Control FAQs

    • When should I call King County Animal Control?

    • Why is Animal Control taking so long to respond?

Poultry Policy

Poultry are considered small animals according to the Kenmore Municipal Code and can include, but are not limited to chickens, ducks, peacocks, and pigeons. Kenmore Municipal Code 18.70 allows the keeping of poultry as an accessory use outside the dwelling subject to certain conditions. See FAQs to find out more.

  • Poultry and Small Animals FAQs

    • How many chickens or small animals can I house on my property?

    • Who do I contact for more information about small animals?